200 S. Hough St.
Barrington, IL 60010-4399
300 N. Raymond Ave.
400 N. Northwest Hwy.
At a Glance…
Median Age: 38.6 years
Median Household Income: $80,000+
Key Facts About District 220
Barrington Community Unit School District 220 was formed in 1973 as a consolidated unit, combining two elementary districts and a high school district into one unit that educates students from pre-kindergarten through high school. Located about 35 miles northwest of Chicago, District 220 encompasses 72 square miles. It covers 12 villages: all of Barrington, Lake Barrington, Tower Lakes; and portions of Barrington Hills, Carpentersville, Deer Park, Fox River Grove, Port Barrington, Hoffman Estates, Inverness, North Barrington, and South Barrington. In addition, District 220 is geographically located in 4 counties: Cook, Lake, McHenry, and Kane.
District 220 has one high school, two middle school campuses for grades 6-8, eight elementary schools, and one early childhood center.
- Over 9,000 students: pre Kindergarten through Grade 12
- Serving students from a 72 square mile area including all or part of: Barrington, Barrington Hills, Carpentersville, Deer Park, Fox River Grove, Hoffman Estates, Inverness, Lake Barrington, North Barrington, Port Barrington, South Barrington, and Tower Lakes
Teachers and Staff
- 66% have a Masters degrees or higher
- 8 have national board certification
- A District 220 teacher earned the President's award for Excellence in Teaching Math & Science
- 4 nurses have national board certification
- Consistently ranked among the state´s top 5% school districts academically
- BHS named Top 1000 High Schools in the Nation by Newsweek
- "Outperformer" award from Standard & Poors for academic achievement among school districts with similar demographics
- "What Parents Want" award from SchoolMatch
- "Bright Red Apple" award from SchoolSearch for overall excellence
- AAA bond rating from Standard & Poors
- Balanced budgets for 12 consecutive years
- Earned highest financial rating from the State of Illinois
Compiled & edited by Bob Dohn, February, 2009
20 South Roselle Road , Schaumburg, IL 60193
| Home | Search for Homes | Receive
MLS Updates | Bob’s Listings | Mortgage FAQs | Best
Loan Rates | Get Pre-Approved NOW! |
| Buyer FAQs | FREE Info for Buyers | Seller FAQs | FREE
Info for Sellers | Free Homeowner Info | Professional
Profile | Testimonials |